Listed here are typical installation directions for the ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane having a generator wiring harness that is 8-pin.
Note: For action 7 you will have to purchase 14-gauge electric cable for the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of shore energy solution during testing and installation of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 cables in your generator wiring harness. Make use of tape or label to mark each cable so that you won’t forget which wire is which.
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 8-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 10-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Not absolutely all ONAN generators have actually the same generator wiring harness connections as some might have been changed because of the dealer or RV maker.
Connect one Posi-Tap to every associated with the 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track to your Posi-Taps (wiring harness) according to the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green cable to [E] AVOID
- Red cable to [C] START
- Brown cable to [A] GROUND
- Orange cable to [F]RUN
Remember to link the proper cables to the wiring harness even as we utilize red-colored cables over and over again.
On our installation picture we utilized wires that are white extend to your harness because of location of our product. The closer the installation of our device towards the wiring harness will help you to utilize the supplied 4-foot wire size we offer.
- Connect the red cable from the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to at least one part regarding the enable switch utilising the provided Posi-Lock or a crimp connector.
- Link the next red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another side associated with the switch that is enable. One other end with this wire that is red eventually get in touch to your good battery pack terminal.
- Connect the red cable through the enable switch therefore the red wire from (L+) in the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (Positive battery terminal).
- Connect the black cable (M) regarding the ShorePower Monitor to ground (any metal on the RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See diagram that is wiring – Transfer Switch Connection):
you need 14-gauge stranded electrical cable for the run from our device to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to 1 part for the 110 Volts regarding the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter to your center connection (common) in the transfer switch
The ShorePower Monitor & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light ON, if most of the cables, such as the cables into the transfer switch, are properly linked. .
- To check the machine turn the ENABLE Switch ON and disconnect from coast energy. The light that is green the MeanWell goes down and in around 20 moments our unit will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for around one minute then re-connect to shore power and our device will immediately shut-off your generator in approximately seconds that are 10-12 download dating app for android. The light that is green the MeanWell should come right right back on.
ESSENTIAL NOTE: switching the ALLOW CHANGE On or OFF will not impact the green light on the ShorePower track or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ALLOW CHANGE just enables or disables monitoring.
ItвЂ™s this that a set-up that is typical appear to be when it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking right here.